Monday 14 September 2015

The Story of Children's Television Exhibition




Mr Spoon from Button Moon


This Summer I visited 'The Story of Children's Television' exhibition at The Herbert museum in Coventry.

A nostalgia trip for most of the adults attending, this exhibition covers the years 1946 to the present, and will hopefully tour the UK after September for other people to appreciate. Here are some of the exhibits I enjoyed:



One of the Wooden Tops


Little Ted and Humpty from Playschool - the latter designed by Kristin Baybars,
a  woman I've met, and whom I greatly admire


Finger Mouse from Finger Bobs


A cat, which I did not recognise, from before my time


Lenny the Lion toy

Ali Cat being un-PC and performing with a cigarette on one of the video screens!


A selection of 1980s toys



Battle Cat from Masters of the Universe


Familiar faces from Dramarama

Gordon the Gopher wearing a jacket that Adam Ant had given to him


Pob - the puppet who used to controversially spit at the TV camera, then wipe it off

One irresistible attraction was to dress up as a favourite character and appear behind a giant TV screen...


No comments:

Post a Comment